Brad Pitt attacker, the guy who got busted for lunging at Brad Pitt last night, is definitely out of a job, possibly facing months in jail, and could soon be persona non grata at ALL Hollywood events- if the L.A. City Attorney’s Office gets its way.
Law enforcement sources tell us the city attorney will ask a judge for a stay-away order barring Vitalii Sediuk from high-profile events involving the entertainment industry – basically, anything that has a red carpet.
City officials also expect to charge Sediuk with at least trespassing and possibly more.
Sediuk jumped a barricade and scuffled briefly with Pitt Wednesday night at the “Maleficent” premiere and was immediately arrested.
The Ukrainian TV reporter is infamous for red carpet pranks around the world, including kissing Will Smith in Moscow and hugging Leonardo DiCaprio and Bradley Cooper around the knees at separate events earlier this year.
Sediuk, 25, was fired from his reporter job with Ukrainian television channel 1+1 after he jumped under actress America Ferrera’s dress on a Cannes red carpet on May 17, a spokesman for the company told CNN.
The TV network was not involved in his stunts, a spokesman said.
He was already on three years of “formal diversion” — a form of probation — in Los Angeles for crashing the Grammy stage during Adele’s acceptance last year, according to the Los Angeles city attorney’s spokesman. Prosecutors are now preparing new charges for his Hollywood arrest Wednesday, spokesman Rob Wilcox said.
Sediuk is set for an initial appearance before a Los Angeles judge Friday, Wilcox said. The lawyer who represented Seduik in the Grammy case was surprised when CNN called him Thursday about the latest arrest.
Sediuk is “a real nice guy,” Anthony Willoughby said. “I’m really shocked that he would be accused of hitting somebody.”
Pitt was signing autographs at the area of the red carpet where fans are allowed to gather when Sediuk allegedly jumped the rope and hit actor in his face, according to Los Angeles Police Sgt. Leonard Calderon. Pitt, who was there with partner Angelina Jolie, star of “Maleficent,” continued unfazed on the carpet to give interviews.
“This was an unfortunate and inappropriate incident that is being investigated by the LAPD,” a spokesman for Disney Studio, the film’s distributor, told CNN on Thursday.