The “Doctor Who” world tour will begin on August 7 as the new doctor Peter Capaldi will jet off to seven cities in five continents to promote the BBC series which airs two months from now.
New doctor Peter Capaldi said in the press release published on “Doctor Who” world tour official site: “It’s fantastic that so many people across the world love ‘Doctor Who.’ After 8 months solid filming deep in the world of monsters, Jenna (Coleman) and I are thrilled to be heading for the Planet of Fans”.
They will also be joined by lead writer and showrunner Steven Moffat later in the tour, but he will be unable to join the entire set of activities due to some prior commitments.
“I’ve always thought we’d all be a lot safer if the Doctor conquered the world, instead of the Daleks. Now with Jenna and Peter leading the charge, it looks like it’s going to happen. I’ll be bringing up the rear to handle the exposition scenes, and maybe carry some bags,” Steven Mofatt said in a statement.
According to, the “Doctor Who” world tour is the largest promotional tour of the series following its 50 anniversary celebration last year.
The publication quoted Amanda Hill, chief brands officer of BBC Worldwide, as saying that “Doctor Who” represents British creativity at its best and they are very excited to bring new doctor Peter Capaldi, Jenna Coleman and Steven Mofatt to the world stage.
“This tour is something normally reserved for Hollywood blockbusters but with ‘Doctor Who’ it appears you can do anything you dream of and continue to challenge what’s perceived as the norm in TV,” she said.
New doctor Peter Capaldi will lead the “Doctor Who’ world tour will kick off in Cardiff in Welsh then London in UK, Seoul in South Korea, Sydney in Australia, New York in the US, Mexico, and Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, the show’s website revealed.