A reliable source has clarified that “Star Wars: Episode VII” actor Harrison Ford injured his leg and not his ankle, contrary to previous reports.
The actor has undergone a successful surgery on Thursday and is currently recovering at the hospital, his publicist confirmed.
Ford, 71, was injured on the set of “Star Wars: Episode VII,” specifically at the Pinewoods Studio in Buckinghamshire, England, where he was shooting one of his scenes as Han Solo.
Ina Treciokas, Ford’s spokesperson told
CNN, “Harrison Ford’s left leg was broken in an accident. His surgery was successful and he will begin rehab shortly. He’s doing well and look forward to returning to work.”
Following the accident, Disney Studios released a statement saying, “He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care. Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates.”
Multiple sources confirmed that Ford was airlifted from the studio to a hospital after a garage door fell on his leg, Journal Gazette has said.
On Thursday, a spokesperson for the British Health and Safety Executive, which is responsible for workplace safety told
CNN that they are aware of the incident and are currently investigating on the matter.
Meanwhile, although Ford is currently recovering, an insider still confirmed that he will most likely miss eight weeks of filming.
Ford’s son, Ben, previously said that his father might need plate and screws for his broken ankle, but as of late, it is uncertain whether or not he received such treatment.
A source also told
Mirror UK previously, “The initial day or two after the accident it was hard to move things around but now we have had a more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back. There are a lot of other actors in the movie so it is not a disaster. We are confident the film can stay on schedule.”
“At the moment it looks like Harrison is going to be off set for 6-8 weeks but the main priority is making sure he is OK, the source said.