Harrison Ford’s injury comed from Ina Treciokas, the publicist of the actor, who confirmed on Thursday that he broke his leg while filming the movie “Star Wars 7.”
In a report by the the actor was initially reported to have sustained a damaged ankle earlier this month. He was in the set of “Star Wars 7” at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire when he crushed by the “Star Wars” spacecraft Millennium Falcon.
Harrison Ford, who is playing as Han Solo in the ”
” was about to start a scene involving the 111ft vehicle when the hydraulic door of his character’s spacecraft fell on him.
The “Star Wars 7” actor had to be airlifted to the trauma unit of John Radcliffe Hospital after the accident happened.
The actor’s son Ben meanwhile relayed more Harrison Ford injury update saying that the “Star Wars 7” crew might rearrange the scenes. Report has it that t
hey are planning to show the actor’s body from the waist up to hide his injury.
The actor’s wife Calista Flockhart in to after her injured husband.
The publicist further dished out Harriosn Ford injury update saying that the 71-year-old actor is doing well after undergoing surgery for his broken leg.
“His surgery was successful and he will begin rehab shortly. He’s doing well and looks forward to returning to work,” the publicist said.
However, the report added, “there were also fears the actor may also have suffered further injuries to his chest and pelvis but this has not been confirmed.”
Ina Treciokas also added that Harrison Ford was due to start rehabilitation soon and was looking forward to returning to work, the reported.
The Disney-owned Lucas Film, the company behind the sci-fi action movie “Star Wars” said that production dates will still continue while Harrison Ford is in his recovering stage.
The “Star Wars” movie first shown in 1977 has brought Harrison Ford to popularity with his role as Han Solo.
The movie is directed by J.J. Abrams and is set to hit theaters on December 18 next year.