“Star Wars: Episode VII” actor Harrison Ford is recovering pretty well after a successful leg surgery.
The 71-year-old actor whose leg was injured on the set of his upcoming “Star Wars” film last June 12, was photographed leaving a London hospital on board a wheelchair.
In the photos, Ford was photographed sitting on his wheelchair, with his left leg and foot bandaged up to his toes area. The actor’s right leg looked fine after he was photographed with his shoes and socks on, Philly noted.
Following his surgery, Ford’s representative told the
Daily Mail, “His surgery was successful and he will begin rehab shortly. He’s doing well and looks forward to returning to work.”
Ford is on his way back to the United States where he will be begin his rehabilitation, the
NY Daily News has said.
Prior to his accident, Ford spoke with
Mail Online and explained why, at his age, he still prefers to do his own action stunts.
“I keep on coming back for more. If it doesn’t look real on the screen then an audience does not believe what it sees. Although I do my own running, jumping and falling, I always try to keep myself from being hurt. So I know what will work and what won’t,” he said.
Unfortunately, Ford’s most recent accident wasn’t necessarily his first. Back in the day when he was still filming “Indiana Jones,” Ford also broke a disc in his back and pulled some of his muscles.
As of late, “Star Wars: Episode VII” is currently filming some of the scenes that don’t include Ford who will be reprising his role as Han Solo.
A source previously confirmed to Mirror UK that it should take the actor approximately eight weeks before he can start filming again.
“At the moment it looks like Harrison is going to be off set for 6-8 weeks but the main priority is making sure he is OK.”