Nate Diaz news features the younger Diaz brother’s response to the challenge posed by Diego “The Dream” Sanchez.
Diego Sanchez is coming off a highly controversial split decision victory over Ross Pearson, following a three-round battle for position in the UFC’s lightweight division rankings at UFC Fight Night on Saturday night.
Despite the disappointment of mixed martial arts fans around the world, Diego Sanchez went on to carry a confident demeanor and called out Nate Diaz, who is currently inactive due to personal issues with the UFC management.
“The Dream” challenged Nate Diaz during the post-fight interview, saying he wants the fight to happen in Mexico, for UFC 180 on November 15.
“With that victory, I want to put a challenge out to Nate Diaz. Diaz-Diego, let’s do this in Mexico,” Sanchez said in the post-fight interview, as reported by “Stop being a cry baby crying about not getting enough money
Diego Sanchez has always been a fan-favorite in mixed martial arts competition, as he is known for his “come-forward, never-give-up” fighting style. However, his record has not been as impressive so far, having only won two of his last four bouts.
But as what seemed to be a common occurrence in mixed martial arts, fighters get to be granted their desired match-ups through verbal challenges. This is what “The Dream” has opted to do, as he also directed his call-out to UFC President Dana White.
“Be a real fighter and fight because you love to fight,” Sanchez said of Nate Diaz. “Fight me. See if you can hang with this. Come on, Dana (White), make it happen!”
Nate Diaz, on the other hand, has remained silent about any further intentions of making a UFC return.
The Stockton, California, however, did respond to Sanchez’s call-out. Nate Diaz through his manager, Mike Kogan.
“Diego isn’t important enough to warrant a response. He should count his lucky stars two retarded judges were watching Oprah reruns while he was fighting and then handed him a win,” Kogan said in a text message.