Samsung might have stopped creating updates for the Samsung Galaxy S2 yet users can enjoy a stable, smooth, fast and styled KitKat experience on their smartphone by flashing the Gummy firmware, which has been one of the first custom updates to bring Android 4.4 KitKat OS to the non-Nexus devices. Andoid posted the guidelines from to easily install Android 4.4.2 Gummy firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100.
According to the site, this is the unofficial version of Gummy custom ROM. Even it is not the official launch of the Android 4.4.2 firmware, the update is stable and comes without bugs, issues or things that aren’t working properly. Therefore, Gummy ROM runs smoothly on the Galaxy S2 and can be safely installed for daily use. Since this is a custom ROM, the same can be only manually flashed on your Android device which necessitates following the presented guide step by step.
If you want to flash this new update on your phone, follow the prerequisites below:
1. Root your SGS2 I9100.
2. Install the latest version of CWM or TWRP recovery on your phone.
3. Backup your Android device.
4. Also make a Nandroid backup.
5. Ensure that you can use a computer, your handset and its USB cable.
6. On the computer temporarily deactivate the antivirus and the others programs that are referring to security protection.
7. Check the battery status of your phone: if there is less than 50% power left, take your time and plug in the charger, else skip this step.
8. Enable USB debugging option on your device; that can be achieved from path “menu – settings – developer options”.
9. Apply this step by step guide only if you have the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100 – the Gummy Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware is compatible only with the mentioned Android device.
Here’s how to Install Android 4.4.2 Gummy custom ROM Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
1. Well, the first thing you need to do is to download on your computer the firmware file and the Google apps package (it is not included on the update).
2. From here you can get Gummy Android 4.4.2 KitKat software; from here you can get Google apps package for your Galaxy S2.
3. You need to place these files on desktop – don’t unzip any of the downloaded file.
4. Now, connect your smartphone with your computer.
5. Use the USB cable for establishing the connection.
6. From desktop transfer the files you have just downloaded on your phone’s SD card.
7. Unplug the USB cord.
8. Turn off your phone.
9. Wait a few second before heading to the next step.
10. Reboot your SGS2 in recovery mode.
11. Use the recovery mode menu for wiping the system and for clearing cache.
12. So select “wipe data factory reset” followed by “wipe cache partition”. Also choose “advance” and “wipe dalvick cache”.
13. Return to recovery menu; now it’s time to install the Gummy ROM. In order to do so, you have to select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card”.
14. Pick the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware file and flash the same on your Galaxy S2.
15. Also, repeat the process and pick Google apps package and apply the same on your smartphone.
16. In the end, return to recovery mode once more.
17. From there now select “reboot system now”.
Note: The aforementioned Custom ROM updates are not coming from Samsung and have nothing to do with the already mentioned company. This report is only made to inform users of possible updates and this site is not liable for any damages that these installations may cause.