The agencies representing Park Shin Hye and Lee Jong Suk have denied that the actors are dating. They have done so despite the photographs published in the Korean media outlet Dispatch. The photographs don’t quite confirm they are dating but do indicate the actors spend a lot of time together and from the cautious way they act seem to work at avoiding any publicity.
Rumors say the actors, who played onscreen lovers in the drama “Pinocchio,” have been a couple for about four months.
Here are six reasons that make us suspect they are dating. Some of them pre-date the photographs.
1. They seem like they are trying to hide something. Park Shin Hye is very open about spending time with male friends such as Lee Hong Ki and Jang Geun Suk. She always meets them in public and often posts pictures of such get-togethers on her SNS. But she is definitely being more cautious when she meets Lee Jong Suk. The Dispatch reported that they meet late at night and spend time in the car or at his apartment. He alternates cars when picking her up. Is it because they are dating? Or is she worried people will think they are dating?
2. They could just be good friends but they did keep complimenting each other while making “Pinocchio.”
“I’ve never seen an actor this pretty,” said Park Shin Hye when she appeared on the program TV News At Night.”
“I think Park Shin Hye is pretty,” said Lee Jong Suk.
3. They were close and affectionate on set. He was seen affectionately touching her. She said he was easy to get along with.
“I’ve had tough times when I don’t get along with my male partner but not with Lee Jong Suk,” she said.
This still doesn’t prove anything because he was also physically affectionate with the soon-to-be-married Lee Bo Young on the set of “I Hear Your Voice.” They complimented each other and she invited him to her wedding.
4. The chemistry between Park Shin Hye and Lee Jong Suk was obvious. For evidence, we can present the toast kiss that took place in “Pinocchio” and the “couple” photos they took together for InSyle in London. But then they have both demonstrated chemistry with other actors.
5. They seem to be in the same place a lot lately. When Lee traveled to Hawaii, Park was there too. His agency said he was there for work and she was there on vacation but they did not meet each other. They were also reported to be in Shanghai at the same time when they both had fan meetings but her agency denied that the couple had the time to meet each other. Probably just a coincidence, right?
6. But there is no getting around what Lee Jong Suk said at the 2014 SBS Drama Awards. He was asked if the couple was affectionate even when they were not shooting their drama. He said, simply, yes.
And to think that before the couple was cast in “Pinocchio,” the actress expressed some doubt about whether they would make a believable couple.